My husband and I loved this. It was so yummy. Hope you enjoy it! Oh, and I apologize in advance for the crummy pictures...I was in a hurry. Will try for better ones next time! :)
6 Medium sized granny smith apples (peeled and sliced)
1 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup Flour
3/4 Cup Quick Oats
1/2 Cup Butter
1 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Cup White granulated sugar
1/4 Cup Butter
Dash of Cinnamon
Dash of Nutmeg
- Butter/Grease sides of a 9x11 Baking dish, and preheat oven to 375.
- Put apple slices into the baking dishes. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the remaining ingredients. Mix will have a crumbly texture.
- While the Apple Crisp is baking, pour sugar into a medium size saucepan. Before you turn on the heat, shake pan so sugar is evenly distributed.
- Cook over medium heat and wait.......and wait.........and wait some more! Once, you see the edges start to melt, then shake the pan again, so it doesn't start to burn. As the sugar starts to melt more, you can stir it around.
- Now, spoon the mixture onto a silicone baking mat while it's still warm. Don't worry about it looking pretty, the excess strands will just snap off.
Enjoy......try the Apple Crisp and Caramel Drops with some icecream too!
Up Next : Cream cheese filled Pumpkin Muffins!